Saturday, February 11, 2017

Week 1

     Hi everyone! Sorry this is a little late. Saturdays are the longest days we can work with the students at the labs and I wanted to wait until we were done because we got a lot done today. Over the course of the week, I have mostly just been learning how to operate some the machines in the Simulation Building. On Tuesday, I learned how to use the horizontal bandsaw and got a quick tutorial on using the lathe. Thursday, I learned how to use the milling machine and got a more in depth look at how to use the lathe. I also got a rough idea on what I want to learn and specialize in the coming weeks. Hopefully, I will be able to start using the Soildworks Program next week to start practicing and getting used to how to use the software to model the mechanics and parts of the Baja car. I also might be able to learn how to weld, as well, next week. Today I learned how to use the coping saw and made some stabilizers for the wheels. I also helped finish some the rotors.  




No comments:

Post a Comment